Wednesday 10 March 2010

Housing Works Thrift Stores


are great...
How did I not discover these Thrift stores before. I accidently stumbled upon the spring fever events, whilst browsing online for furniture in New York.

www.shophousingworks.com

I got some treats. Two Marc Jacobs coats. One Pink Barney's Trench (only $50) and much furniture. In fact too much furniture.

I also popped into the Crosby street store... just to have a second look. and thank god I did. as the store was having a major blow out sale. In preparation for there Spring Fever event. All clothes were $1. I spent $33. I dragged my bin liner full of stuff all the way home. I am now the proud owner of many a second hand blazer. it's a good job I did not get to the store at opening time. Word on the street was that one women got 99 items.

Who said New York was not cheap.

I adore Thrift Shopping. It brings me so much more pleasure than buying brand new things. It is more than just the price. I have no qualms at wearing somebody else's old duds. A habbit which horrifies my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment