Sunday 17 January 2010

Moments


'The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome , indescribably magnificent world in itself.'

Henry Miller

Someone told me once that I walk too fast. I found him to walk too slow. He told me I was missing so many things along the way. I pointed out all the little things I noticed with my eagle eyes, at my high speed.

I have learnt that you can be rich in so many ways, but poor in time. To be rich in time is the greatest thing. To be able to take time out, to sit. To read. To look. To appreciate. Time to do all the things you want to do. But too much time is not good either, you can get lost in it. Time should not be wasted.

I will continue to take in the sights through, my little hurried, skip walk. I took this photograph, walking round NY, even at high speed, I always notice random little things, that often make me smile. From time to time I'll slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment